Friday 27 January 2012

Painting a Day 61

Last night at our church we watched Courageous, the movie.  It was fantastic!  Silly me had a cup of coffee after the movie and consequently I didn't get to sleep until after 2am, so I'm a little groggy this morning.  Today's painting actually looks a bit better than what it shows up as here.  The scanner didn't get a true representation of the colour, there is actually more of a range of orangey reds and red together but in the scanned image it just looks plain red.  I also painted it in a different orientation.  Working from a photograph, I had it rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise, but on reflection both the painting and the photo look better this way up!  Too funny!

Up the Maple, acrylic on canvas board, 8" x 10"


No comments:

Post a Comment