Wednesday 13 June 2012

Paintings a Day 180-183

Flowers? I Must Need Glasses!, acrylic on canvas board, 8" x 10"


This next painting has a bit of an explanation.  When I painted this we were 5 days away from our closing date and the house was still full of stuff that we needed to sort through.  We had loaded up the vehicles and the trailer and had driven the hour to our new interim home.  We had arrived at around 10:30 pm and had them proceeded to unload both vehicles and the trailer so that we could take them back up to Alliston empty the next morning.  I was also at the beginning of a chest infection that had me feverish for a week, and hacking for the best part of two.  After we had finished unloading I said to Geof: "I have made an executive decision.  I'm just not going to paint today.  It's too much."  He looked at me knowingly and said "Are you sure?"  Because my husband knows me very well and knew that I would be most unhappy with myself come the next morning.  I waffled.  He went and got my easel for me and set it up in the kitchen, and so I filled a canvass with colour, and with my palette knife, scraped away the pertinent parts, thereby keeping my commitment.  I truly could not do this project without him.  The funny thing is that as my infection grew I felt even worse over the next few days, but still managed to keep up a painting a day.

No More Painting, acrylic on canvas board, 8" x 10"



Sleepy Eye, acrylic on canvas board, 9" x 12"


Going With the Flow, acrylic on canvas board, 9" x 12"


No comments:

Post a Comment