Friday 3 February 2012

Painting a Day 68

And today I am up and at 'em earlier on schedule.  Finally getting back on track.  I recently listed to a book on cd called the Compound Effect.  One of the things it talks about is the building of momentum through consistency.  Although I haven't missed a day yet in this painting journey, I would like to get better at this early rising thing.  I have to say that I hate the "snooze" button on the alarm clock.  I have always been against them philosophically, because I would rather get my sleep in uninterrupted chunks so I would just set my alarm for the latest possible time that I could get up and them get out of bed in a flurry of trying not to be late.  Then I learned that I was right  Sleep studies show that your quality of sleep actually suffers when you repeatedly interrupt ti with a snooze button.  However I am not alone in my use of alarm clocks in the house, and so I have become used to the habits of others as well.  And I appear to be picking them up.  I now admit to being a "slave to the snooze" setting the alarm at the time I would like to get up, but not really when I need to be up and consequently giving myself permission to drift back to sleep for just a few more minutes, again, and again, ... and again.  Self-mastery is such an illusion in my life.  :)

Bubbles, acrylic on canvas board, 8" x 10"


No comments:

Post a Comment