Friday 7 September 2012

20 Days' Backlog Coming Down the Pipes...Gradually

So what happens when we go on an 8 day trip is that I get behind on posting by about 3 weeks!  Crazy, but such is life.  However I managed to paint every day and here are the results with some commentary along the way where warranted.


Hourglass

Colourstream

The following is what I painted after a long day of driving, actually the longest I have ever driven in one shot before! We drove from Richmond Hill Ontario to Washington D.C., or actually Arlington, Virginia which is just across the Potomac River from there, where my sister-in-law lives.

11 Hour Drive

I don't have a title for the next one.  I painted this after spending the day at the National Gallery of Art in Washington D.C..  For the first time I was actually standing in from of works by Monet, Renoir, Cézanne and Degas.  Aaaahhhhh!  It was so inspiring to see their works up close, to see the actual brushstrokes, to see where there were dry brushstrokes under the colours they had eventually chosen to show, that they made changes and revisions as they painted, that they were real people just like me, (okay, much more talented, but still real nonetheless).  It really makes me want to paint on larger canvasses which I can't realistically do until after I complete my year of one painting a day.



No comments:

Post a Comment