Thursday 29 December 2011

P.A.D. Day 32

Whoo!  I have to say that I'm still a  little wigged out by doing today's painting.  It was a personal milestone for me. I have never before painted a human figure or a human face, so I figured it appropriate to use as subject matter a picture of my firstborn.  Painting people has always been one of those things that I thought "real" artists did, and I never considered myself a "real" artist before.  Who comes up with these things we have hanging around in our heads anyway?  I know cognitively and now I know internally as well, that I am an artist simply by practicing my art, not by my subject matter.  Anyway, I don't know that the scanning process really caught the facial features really well from the painting, but here it is for your perusal.  Please be kind in your evaluations, it's my first one after all!

Gavin at Oxford, acrylic on canvas board, 8" x 10"


No comments:

Post a Comment